- Met with Dr. Abello to discuss project details.
- Collected survey data on REU particpants and converted each record into a vector.
- Started learning to use the GraphView software
Created weighted graphs from the data using the Hellinger and Euclidean distances, to measure the similarity
- Used a mnimum spanning tree to produce more useful graphs by pruning edges.
Prepared the first presentation.
- Added two more similarity measures the Cosine similarity and Weighted Jaccard.
- Computed new edgeweights based on all four similarity measures.
- Identified and manually checked clusters in the graph of combined similarities